June 30, 2011

Babies, babies, babies

There are some things I want to do with my kids. Like watch Lion King. Or have them come in and snuggle with me and my wife on a lazy morning. Or... I can't think of anything else right now. But. I am excited to be a dad. And have fun times.

Having my nephews here for a few weeks has reminded me that fatherhood is not all sweetness and joy. Sometimes, kids are annoying. They cry. And whine. And poop. And lick things. In fact, that's 90% of what they do.

So, when my nephews do this, I leave. I go lay in my room, and succumb to the silence. But when they are my own kids, I can't really do that. I'm afraid that someday I will just look at my wife with tired eyes and say, "I don't really want to be a dad right now." But, of course, I will still be a dad.

Basically, the idea exhausts me. Maybe I will not be as prolific with my posterity as I had previously predicted. Oh well.


I am sick. It's nice to not go to work. But I will probably get a lot smaller paycheck in two weeks. There may be a correlation. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment