March 20, 2012

Saturday night at the drive-in

I've learned a lot in the last couple of days. Apparently, combining and quadrupling the dosage of different medications does strange things to you (i.e. 14 hours of Natalie Portman hallucinations, and not the good kind). Also, I had a splitting headache for like 9 hours today, until I had like half a cup of juice, then it went away. Wish I had thought of that earlier. 

But, as promised, I'll catch you up to speed on the media of the day and age. Real quick-like.


Breaking Bad- Probably the best show I've ever seen on television. Very intelligent. Great acting. Compelling story. Gritty. I'm in it till the end.

30 Rock- Never seen it, but there's always been such a hubbub, so I got around to it. I'd like to be Jack Donaghy someday. I think I'm well on my way.

The Usual Suspects- Kyle Curry raved about this once in journalism class. It's legit.

The Fighter- Fantastic. Probably in my top 10 of all time.

A Streetcar Named Desire- I came into this expecting some old romantic comedy. I was pleasantly surprised. My aunt started crying and left the room, but it might just because Marlon Brando's biceps were raging out of control. He is super hot. Damn good movie, though.

The Girl Who Played with Fire/The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest- Swedish, with American subtitles (so you're cool just for watching). The whole trilogy is fantastic. Smart, interesting, good acting, and a lead actress that you'll spend the whole time wondering if she's hot or not. (Yes, she is.) 

Black Swan- Going back to the beginning. I watched this last evening, and it ruined my life. This was hands down the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. All night I was reliving different scenes (and once again, not the good ones). An amazing movie, by all temporal standards, but dangerously evil. Avoid at all costs.

The Art of Getting By- Cute, indie, had potential. Not great acting/script/story anything though. Unimpressive.

Fargo- Coen Brothers FTW! (Seriously. So good.)

Blue Valentine- Poop.

The Big Lebowski- I watched this movie for the same reason I listen to Lady Gaga all the time, it's the closest thing I've got to Sarah anymore. But, it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. And it makes me understand like 75% of the things she used to say that I thought were just her being funny. So, good stuff.

Pulp Fiction- Hell yes. On every level.

Shane- So good, so sad. 

Sucker Punch- Not so good, not so sad. 


That's all I've got in the old head grapes for now. I'll probably have another 50 by this time next week. That's how I roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment